Passport photo requirements Finland
The passport photo requirements for Finland for passport and visa are the same.
These photos should:
- have a light and even background, preferably light gray
delivered digitally in black and white or color
- have a height of 653 px (47 mm) and a width of 500 px (36 mm)
- maximum 250 kB
- are not older than 6 months
- from chin to crown 32-36 mm
- the distance from the top of the hair to the edge of the photo should be 4-6 mm
- the distance from the chin to the edge of the picture should be 7-9 mm
- taken straight from the front with a neutral facial expression and closed mouth
- the face must be clearly visible. The hair should not cover the face. The glasses should not cover the eyes. The glasses may be taken off.
- headgear should only be used for medical or religious purposes and even then the face should be clearly visible
- the same requirements apply to babies, except that they can keep their mouths open slightly
Adjustment in requirements:
We are aware of the latest developments in the rules and requirements that a country imposes on the passport photo. It is possible that a country decides to adjust the requirements for taking a passport photo. Therefore, always take the form that you receive from your consulate with you when you have the passport photo taken. In general, the consulate is the first to receive the new rules. We will then check for you whether the requirements correspond so that you are always up to date.
Opening hours and directions? Click here.